1. - What about_______ a rest?
- OK! Let's go for a walk
A. to have B. had C. have D. having
2. My parents enjoy_______ for a walk after supper.
A. go B. goes C. to go D. going
3. Please tell the students_______ quiet in class.
A. keep B. keeping C. to keep
4. Goldilocks decided_______ for a walk in the forest.
A. go B. to go C. going D. goes
5. Lisa is a little poor at Chinese. I think she needs_______ it every day.
A. practise to speak
B. to practise speaking
C. practise speaking
6. Colours can change our moods(情绪) and make us______ happy or sad, energetic or sleepy.
A feel B. to feel C. felt D. feeling
7. It took me two weeks_______ reading the novels written by Guo Jingming.
A finish B. to finish C. finishes D. finishing
8. - I've shown you all the interesting and important places of our school.
- Thank you for_______ so much time.
A taking B. spending C. costing D. having
9. - Let me help you carry the box, Granny.
- Thank you, Li Lei. It's very nice____ you____ me.
A. of; to help B. for; to help
C. of; helping D. for; helping
10. The teacher often told Mike_______ too much time playing computer games.
A not to spend B. to not spend
C. doesn't spend D. not spend
11. Mr Li asks the students_______ in the river, because it's too dangerous.
A swim B. to swim C. not to swim D. to not swim
12. It was such a funny show that people couldn't help _______ again and again.
A. laugh B. to laugh C. laughing
13. My penfriend Andrew found it difficult_______ Chinese well.
A. learning B. learn C. to learn D. learned
14. China plans to let tourists_______ the Xisha Islands in the South China Sea this year.
A. visit B. visits C. visiting D. visited
15. It's dangerous _______ with the wild animal.
A. for us to play B. of us playing
C. for us playing D. of us to play
16. The peaceful music in the CD made the students_______ relaxed.
A feel B. feels C. felt D. to feel
17. - Is Tom in the next room?
- Well, it's hard to say. But I heard him_______ loudly when I passed by just now.
A. speak B. to speak C. spoken D. speaking
18. - How about climbing the hill?
- I would rather____ along the river than_____ the hill. I'm a bit tired.
A. walk; climb B. walking; climbing
C. walking; to climb D. walk; to climb
19. We must do everything we can_______ our Earth cleaner and safer.
A. made B. to making C. make D. to make
20. When I passed the classroom, I heard a girl_______ in it,
A sing B. to sing C. sang D. singing
21. - Remember____ to my daughter's dance show next Friday.
- Of course I will. I'll never forget ____her dance for the first time last year.
A. to come; to see B. coming; to see
C. to come; seeing D. coming; seeing
22. I prefer _______ some shopping to ________ camping since the weather isn't lovely.
A. do; going B doing; go C. do ; go D. doing; going
23. Drivers shouldn't be allowed _______ after drinking, or they will break the law.
A drive B. driving C. to drive D. to be driven
24. - Tim played the guitar very well in the school talent show.
- I think so. He practises _______ it every day.
A. play B. playing C. to play D. plays
25. - Why, not ____ John a toy car for his birthday?
- Good idea! He is crazy about cars,
A buy B. buying C. to buy D. buys
26. Lots of fast food restaurants use the colour red_______ make customers _______.
A to; eating faster B. want to; eat fast
C. to; eat faster D. to; to eat fast
27. - Do you enjoy _______ a volunteer?
- If you want _______ this, you'd better join us.
A. being; knowing B. to be; knowing
C. being; to know D. to be; to know
28. I enjoy playing computer games, but I can't_______ too much time _______ that.
A. take; doing B. spend; doing
C. spend; for doing D. take; to do
29. - Why don't you go out to play, Rose?
- I'm afraid I can't. I have much homework _____.
A do B. does C. doing D. to do
30. - Dad, why should I stop ____ computer games?
- For your health, my boy,
A to play B. playing C. play
31. Since you have finished your homework, how about _______?
A. go to run B. go running
C. going to run D. going running
32. We know that she enjoys _______ books very much.
A read B. reads C. reading D. to read
33. You need to take notes at the meeting so make sure _____ a pen and some paper with you.
A bring B. bringing C. to bring D. not bring
1—10 DDCBB ABBAA 11—20 CCCAA ADADD
21—30 CDCBA CCBDB 31—33 DCCAD
( )1. At times, parents find it difficult_______ with their teenage children
A talk B talked C. talking D. to talk
( )2. Mary called and asked her husband ____ home at once, because she locked their daughter in the home.
A to leave B. leave C. go D. to go
( )3. - Simon, I hear you are going abroad for further study. Have you decided_______?
- Next September.
A. when going B. when to go
C. how going D. how to go
( )4. She's not strong enough_____ walking up mountains.
A. to go B. going C. go D. went
( )5. Paul made a nice cage_______ the little sick bird till it could fly.
A keep B kept C. keeping D. to keep
( )6. He promised_______ his old friend during his stay in Tianjin.
A see B. seeing C. saw D. to see
( )7. Don't throw away the waste paper. It needs _______ so that it can be reused.
A to destroy B. destroying C. to collect D. collecting
( )8. I found a letter_______ on the floor when I came into the classroom
A lying B. lay C. lie D. lies
( )9. Mr Wang often encourages us_______ close to nature and enjoy its beauties.
A. get B getting C. to get
( )10. It takes me half an hour_______ the piano every day.
A play. B. playing C. to play
( )11. Remember_______ off the .lights when you leave the room, please.
A .to turn B. turning C. turn
( )12. Why not_______ your teacher for help when you can't finish_______ the story by yourself.
A. to ask; write B. to ask; writing
C. ask; writing D. asking; to write
( )13. Lucy is shy. She would not invite her classmates_______ dancing with her.
A. practise B. practises
C. practising D. to practise
( )14. - Would you like_______ camping with me?
- I'd like to. But I'm busy_______ my homework.
A. to go; to do B. to go; doing
C. going; to do D. going; doing
( )15. He is too heavy. He has decided_______ some exercise to keep healthy.
A. to take B. not to take C. take
( )16. - Would you mind_______ the window? It's very hot.
- No, not at all.
A. open B. to open C. opening
( )17. Many old men prefer_______ in the peaceful countryside.
A. to live B. living
C. live D. lived
( )18. - I didn't hear you come in just now.
- That's good. We tried_______ any noise, for you were sleeping.
A not make B not to make
C. to-make D. making
( )19. - Do you like Zhou Libo's talk show?
- Yes. His talk show is very funny. It always makes people_______.
A laugh B laughed C. laughing D. to laugh
( )20. Seeing their teacher_______ into the classroom, they stopped_______ at once.
A. walk; telling B. entering; to speak
C. enter; to tell D. walking; talking
( )21. The retired couple enjoy _______ photos.
They always go out with their cameras.
A. take B. took. C. to take D. taking
( )22. -I'm looking forward to_______ my parents soon. What about you?
- Me too.
A seeing B see C. saw
( )23. He often drinks two cups of_______ water when he comes back.
A boiling B boil C. boiled D. boils
( )24. When you move somewhere new, the first thing for you is to find a place_______.
A to live B. living in C. to live in
( )25. -George was heard_______ just now. What happened?
- Peppa was telling a joke.
A. to cry B. cry C. to laugh D. laugh
( )26. -Why is Linlin practising speaking English?
-_______ abroad for further study.
A Go B Gone C. To go D. Goes
( )27. The little boy pretended_______ when his mother came in.
A sleeping B asleep
C. to asleep D. to be asleep
( )28. Everyone may feel time_______ very quickly when they do something interesting.
A. go by B to go by C. went by
( )29. The tree_______ by your grandma grows very will.
A planting B. is planted C. planted
( )30. Animals are our close friends. We are supposed _______ them.
A .to protect B. protecting C. protect
( )31. He wants to, have his TV_______.
A. repairing B repaired C. to repair
( )32. - Nobody likes_______, so we should be kind to everyone,
- I agree with you.
A to laugh B. laughing at
C. to be laughed D. to be laughed at
( )33. How kind you are! You always do what you can _______ others.
A help B. helping C. helps D. to help
1—10 DDBAD DDACC 11—20 ACDBA CABAD
21—30 DACCC CDACA 31—33 BDD
( )1． The driver wanted_______ his car near the roadside but was asked by the police not to.
A. park B. parked C. to park D. parking
( )2. - Some children can't afford_______ necessary stationery.
- Let's donate our pocket money to them.
A. buy B. buying C. to buy D. be bought
( )3. It was dark outside. Sue decided_______ to the bank alone.
A not going B. going not
C. not to go D. to not go
( )4. Don't throw away the waste paper. It needs_______.
A. to recycle B. recycling C. recycle
( )5. - Simon, what do I need to take for the hiking?
- You'd better_______ more water than usual. It's hot today.
A to take B. take C. taking D. took
( )6. My old neighbour Charles enjoys _______ photos. He always goes out with his camera.
A take B. to take C. taking D. took
( )7. - What's the most important morning news on CCTV today?
- The Chinese government warned Japan_______ do harm to China's territorial sovereignty(领土主权) again and again
A to not B. didn't C. not to D. do not
( )8. - Mary was heard_______ just now. What happened?
- Joe was telling her some jokes.
A cry B. laugh C. to laugh D. to cry
( )9. Can you hear someone_______ in the classroom? It is Mary.
A. sing B. sings C. singing D. sang
( )10. - It's our duty_______ our city clean and beautiful.
- Yes. We should do something for it.
A to keep B. keep C. keeping
( )11. - The World Cup is coming. I won't _______ any game!
- I'm looking forward to_______ every match of it. too.
A miss; to watch B miss; watching
C. to miss; watch D. to miss; watched
( )12. When summer comes, a lot of people feel like_______ to have fun
A. to swim B. swim C. swimming D. have swum
( )13. - We don't have enough money for our field trip. What shall we do?
- The best way_______ money is to sell newspapers.
A raise B. to raise C. raising
( )14. - Wow, so many coins here!
- Right! My father is fond of_______ coins.
A collect B collects C. collecting
( )15. Read the instructions before____ the new machine.
A use B. to use C. using . D. used
( )16. In order_______ for the meeting, my sister forced herself to get up early this morning.
A. not to be late B. not being late
C. to be late D. being late
( )17. Why have you stopped_______, Kitty? The singing competition is coming up soon!
A. to practise to sing B. to practise singing
C. practising to sing D. practising singing
( )18. I wouldn't mind_______ a roommate. We can help each other and save money as well.
A having B to have C. have D. had
( )19. - A storm is on the way. Don't forget _______ the window when you go to sleep, Mike.
- I won't, Mum
A close B. closing C. to close
( )20. Please remember_______ your notebook here tomorrow.
A brings B. brought C. bringing D. to bring
( )21. - What do you usually have for breakfast?
- I used to_______ dumplings, but these days I'm used to_______ bread and milk
A eat; have B. eating; having
C. eating; have D. eat; having
  下一页