Mondays are generally pretty busy for me. On one of these 41 Mondays, I get ready to go to work thinking about all the things I have to 42 on that day and walk down to get to my car scolding myself for being late to work, but 43 the car was nowhere to be found. I 44 right across my apartment the previous night but it wasn’t there that morning.
This was at 8.00am in the morning. I made 45 to all the towing places, police stations all the time thinking that it was towed by 46 By around 10.00am, I couldn’t find it anywhere and the cops decided that it was 47 stolen. After filing a report with them, I finally get to work thinking how my day was completely 48 .
Later in the day I went to pick up a rental car at Enterprise 49 to realize that my license was missing too along with my car. I told the enterprise guy the whole 50 and he was so sorry for me that he 51 to take me to the nearest DMV(车管局)and get a duplicate (副本的) 52 . I was totally dumbstruck. I didn't know why this complete stranger would want to _53 some time off his day to help me. He actually took me to DMV, got a duplicate and then __54 me a car, I was 55 the whole day because of the sequence of events that happened to me but somehow this simple act of kindness from a complete stranger made it all 56 it. It cheered me up and made me forget all the misfortunes of the day. I was so 57 by this kind act that the next day I made sure someone else got a similar 58 , I took some smiley shaped chocolates and 59 them cm some of my colleague’s desks.
There is still a lot of goodness out there in the world. We just need to take the time to _60 it.
41. A. typical B. ordinary C. strange D. pleasant
42. A. make B. explain C. accomplish D. arrange
43. A. excitedly B. surprisingly C. interestingly D. hurriedly
44. A. stayed B. looked C. walked D. parked
45. A. calls B. trips C. surveys D. contributions
46. A. cops B. doctors C. thieves D. officials
47. A. normally B. eventually C. actually D. finally
48. A. made up B. took up C. put up D. messed up
49. A. still B. even C. quite D. only
50. A. message B. secret C. story D. process
51. A. declined B. offered C. hesitated D. approved
52. A. license B. card C. paper D. ticket
53. A. spend B. leave C. take D. get
54. A. lent B. presented C. purchased D. rented
55. A. delighted B. annoyed C. disappointed D. amused
56. A. worth B. worthy C. personal D. special
57. A. moved B. changed C. turned D. appealed
58. A. honour B. respect C. alarm D. surprise
59. A. forgot B. threw C .left D. exposed
60. A. make B. achieve C. live D. realize
完形填空：41-60 ACBDB ACDDC BACDB AADCB